An excellent overview of Christianity, suitable for students (and teachers!) embarking on the new GCSE and ‘A’-Level Religious Studies specifications.
Written in the same clear and engaging style as the bestselling Puzzle of Ethics and Puzzle of God, this book covers key content common to all the new specifications – including:
- Jesus: His incarnation, life, ethical teaching, crucifixion and resurrection, saving importance for Christians and relationship with God;
- The development of Christianity through from the Early Church to contemporary Global Christianity;
- The similarities and differences between different types of Christianity in terms of beliefs, teachings and practices;
- The use and authority of the Bible and other sources of authority within the Churches as well as how the Bible shapes Christian Ethics;
- Christian responses to science, feminism, secularism, philosophy and the new atheism as well as crises in social justice.
Most importantly, Vardy places these themes in context and helps students to understand and appreciate Christianity, the largest religious tradition in the UK and worldwide. Through this latest book in Vardy’s bestselling series, students will enjoy their studies and see the relevance of taking the subject further.
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: William Collins (8 Sept. 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0008204241
- ISBN-13: 978-0008204242