MASTERCLASS: IMPROVE YOUR ESSAY-SKILLS FOR A LEVEL RELIGIOUS STUDIES
A Level Religious Studies is not easy! Not only are students expected to get to grips with a huge amount of detailed, challenging content in short order, but they are also expected to make academic judgments, advance and defend scholarly arguments in response to all aspects of that content. Even when they know and understand the material, many students struggle to write good essays, and this stands in the way of them achieving C+ grades. Many students ask…
- Is there a “right way” of writing an A Level essay?
- What actually is an essay beyond being an extended piece of writing?
- What is the most effective way to structure an essay in the exam?
This online course, aimed at students moving from Year 12 into Year 13, answers these questions and aims to support students in improving their essay skills for A level Religious Studies.
Students can work through the course at their own pace. Each student receives their own login details, which provide access to the course from 1st June until the new academic year begins in September 2021. Each of the 10 video-units lasts around 20 minutes, but comes with a range of practical activities to complete. In total the course will take at least 4 hours to complete and concludes with a “theory-test”, the results of which can be certificated.
For Summer 2021, Masterclass costs £10 per student, with a 20% discount available for block-bookings of 10 or more students made by a teacher.
NB: To obtain your discount code, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
With Candle you get:
● Up-to-date scholarly content made engaging and tailored to the real needs of A Level students.
● Sessions and resources designed by practicing teachers with a record of engaging students of all abilities.
● Easy, secure online bookings with no fees to pay; just print off e-tickets.
Tel: 0208 133 2241