IMPROVE YOUR WRITING-SKILLS FOR GCSE RELIGIOUS STUDIES
Online Course with Charlotte Vardy
Academic Year 2021-22
Launches 1st November 2021
GCSE Religious Studies is not easy! Not only are students expected to learn a huge amount of detailed, challenging content in very little time, but they also need to be able to evaluate any aspect of that content in the exam, making and defending a well-informed academic judgement… in 15 minutes or less!
Even when they know and understand the material, many students struggle to write good answers to the 12/15 mark questions, and this stands in the way of them achieving the top grades. Other students struggle to know how to develop the points they make, using and analysing evidence appropriately.
Building on the success of our Masterclass for A Level Religious Studies, this unique online course, designed and presented by experienced teacher Charlotte Vardy, aims to support students in improving their writing-skills for GCSE Religious Studies as they move through the course.
The course comprises a .pdf booklet to print off and work through as you watch a series of video-units, each a maximum of 20 minutes long. Students can work through the course at their own pace. In total the course will take at least 2 hours to complete. We provide a multiple-choice “theory test” which schools can use to test students understanding of the course-content, should this be appropriate.
Each student receives their own login details, which will provide access to the course until 1st July 2022.
Access to the GCSE Masterclass costs £5 per student (from 1/11/21 until 1/07/22)
● Free teacher-access can be arranged when you book 20+ students, otherwise teacher-access costs £5.
● -20% discount when you book 20+ students at one time (contact us for the discount code)
With Candle you get:
● Up-to-date scholarly content made engaging and tailored to the real needs of A Level students.
● Sessions and resources designed by practicing teachers with a record of engaging students of all abilities.
● Easy, secure online bookings with no fees to pay; just print off e-tickets.
Tel: 0208 133 2241