“Happiness?” has been specially designed to enrich and extend Year 12 students’ learning and covers topics specified by ALL ENGLISH EXAMINATION BOARDS for the AS Level or Year 1 A Level in Religious Studies, and also relevant for those studying towards CIE PreU and IB Diploma options.
1. The Problem of Evil & Suffering (with group-discussion)
2. The Teleological Argument (with model essay on this topic)
3. Utilitarianism (with an essay-planning activity on this topic)
4. Euthanasia (with a lively debate on this topic)
Far from being boring exam-cramming – or a solid day of lectures with limited relevance to the A Level course – our student events are carefully tailored to the requirements of the A Level specifications and feature online quizzes, discussions, model essays, a debate – often with concurrent twitter poll – as well as Q&A sessions and short written activities plus university-style lectures from scholars named in the new specifications..
During the day, students will apply the knowledge and understanding they have developed to typical A Level questions, practicing their skills in…..
○ Making academic judgments,
○ Framing a thesis and developing supporting reasons,
○ Analysing & engaging with scholarly debate,
○ Identifying & evaluating counter-claims
○ Building to a justified, persuasive conclusion.
Remember, with Candle, every student receives full-colour, printed notes! Developed exclusively for Candle and providing a wealth of scholarly quotations and short extracts of primary texts, reading lists, revision tips, advice on essay structure, model essays and plenty of suggested tasks and activities, our notes ensure that students don’t have to spend their time writing down AO1 information but that they do practice writing skills for AO2 during each session. Teachers get digital downloads and FREE CPD as well!
Student tickets cost £22, including full, printed student notes booklet & digital resources.
● Easy, secure online bookings with no fees or late-booking penalties to pay. Print off your own e-tickets.
● A qualified teacher at the end of the telephone to answer questions, help and advise.
● FREE accompanying teacher tickets (with refreshments) and FREE teacher downloads after the event.
● FREE teacher CPD (rrp £150)
● FREE Religious Experience teaching resource for the 1st 100 online bookings (rrp. £24.95)
These events do fill-up quickly. If you can’t book and pay online straight away, we recommend making us aware of your plans by e-mail (email@example.com) when you start sending letters etc. to avoid disappointment later.
NB: As organizing-teacher, you can ask parents to book and pay with us directly and e-mail you their e-ticket as confirmation, before sending us a list and booking your own free teacher ticket. This avoids ParentPay charges and saves a lot of time and admin.
If your school prefers an invoice, you can fill in invoice request form here.
Please note that tickets to our events are non-refundable like theater, concert or cinema tickets.
HAPPINESS has been designed to support your Year 12 students and covers topics specified by ALL ENGLISH EXAMINATION BOARDS for AS Level / A Level Year 1 Study in Religious Studies, but also relevant for those studying towards CIE PreU and IB Diploma options. Sessions will cover… Read more»
CPD events for teachers at venues across the UK and online, including occasional residentials, plus Bespoke training from whole-staff or departmental INSET to individual coaching.
A day for Gifted and Talented Year 10s, a sixth form enrichment day on financial awareness or a governors’ day on ethos… we can arrange a Bespoke Event which adds value to your curriculum.