Revise A Level Religious Studies
A Revision Event for Year 13 students of A Level RS with Dr Peter Vardy and Charlotte Vardy
● Manchester, Methodist Hall (27th March)
● London, Bloomsbury Baptist Church (29th March)
● Online (30th March)
Followed by a series of revision webinars which will run every Thursday through May 2019 (dates and topics can be found here)
Our “Revise A Level Religious Studies” events complement rather than replace our “Faith” events for Year 13 students (November 2018). The structure and approach will be quite different, with the focus on retrieving knowledge, making and exploring synoptic links across the whole course and on developing exam-skills rather than on explaining or debating topics as if for the first time.
Concentrating on important topics and scholars common to all four English examination boards (Philosophy of Religion, Religious Ethics papers), sessions include useful guidance on planning and writing high-scoring AO2 essays, stimulating talks focused on typical essay-questions as well as essay planning activities and fun quizzes on content, with revision and exam tips to begin and conclude the day.
For the first time in 2019 “Revise A Level RS” will be streamed online on Saturday 30th March, enabling schools in other regions and those who cannot take two full days out of school in the same year to participate.
Those who attend a “Revise A level RS” event (live or online) may also access our revision webinar series for free (otherwise minimum £100 for the series)
● Webinars run using the Citrix platform and may be attended live after school on dates through April-May 2019 (tbc.) or recordings can be downloaded and played on-demand later.
● Live participation requires an internet-connected computer with camera, microphone and speakers (which may be connected to a projector so that a whole class can attend together).
● The webinars will focus on reviewing the content of key topics and on planning possible longer AO2 essays, with time for questions, activities and discussions a part of the live events.
Revision tickets cost £25, including resources.
With Candle you benefit from:
- Easy, secure online bookings with no fees or late-booking penalties to pay. Print off your own e-ticket.
- A qualified teacher at the end of the telephone to answer questions, help and advise.
- FREE accompanying teacher tickets (with refreshments).
- FREE access to our revision webinar series (otherwise £100+)
- YEAR 13 OFFER: Tickets for our Year 13 “Faith” event reduced to £10 when booked online with “Revise A Level RS” before 9/11/18, the whole package – conference, revision event and webinars – could then cost £35 rather than a separate selling price of at least £47.
These events do fill-up quickly. If you can’t book and pay online straight away, we recommend making us aware of your plans by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) when you start sending letters etc. to avoid disappointment later.
Tickets can be booked quickly, easily and securely online via our website www.candleconferences.com, via our Facebook page @CandleConfs or directly from our online box-office at buyticketsat/candleconferences.
As organising-teacher, you can book as a group using a credit card or ask students to book and pay with us directly before sending us a list and making your own, free accompanying teacher booking. If your school prefers an invoice, you can fill in our manual booking request at www.candleconferences.com.
Please note that tickets to our events are non-refundable, like theatre, concert or cinema tickets.