Candle offers Bespoke student events and teacher CPD related to…
○ Religious Studies
○ Critical Thinking
○ Theory of Knowledge
○ Ethos & Values
○ PSHE / Citizenship
○ Gifted & Talented
Candle has been offering Bespoke events since 2010. Since then, we have visited hundreds of schools across the UK – and further afield in Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australasia – working with many thousands of young people, their teachers, governors, parents & friends.
Schools love the quality and flexibility of our events, as well as our fixed prices – we don’t charge extra for VAT, travel and accommodation or booking fees and we don’t cap the numbers attending within one school. We promise that the price you see advertised is always the price you end up paying.
In addition, every member of our team is a qualified, experienced teacher with an enhanced DBS certificate. We really understand how schools work and what young people need.
For some recent examples, we have organised:
● GCSE Religious Studies events for King Edward VI School, Southampton and Gordon’s School, Woking (Islam) and St Mary’s School, Ascot (Catholic Christianity)
● A Level Christianity events for the Grammar School at Leeds, Notre Dame College and Haileybury School, Hertfordshire, Philosophy & Ethics Masterclass for Portsmouth Grammar School
● Made to Measure events for Haberdashers’ Aske’s School for Boys, Hertfordshire, Dulwich College, London, and Kelvinside Academy, Glasgow.
● Gifted and Talented events for at Colfe’s School, City of London School for Girls and Portsmouth Grammar School.
● Sixth Form events – for Skinner’s School “A Grand Design?” And “Ethics Matters” and for Ewell Castle School and New Hall School “Life and Death” as well as for Shebbear College and New Hall (Sixth Form RS)
● Enrichment events for Year 10-11 students at Haslingden High School, Queen Mary’s High, Walsall, Alderley Edge School for Girls, King Edward’s School Birmingham and Simon Langton Girls Grammar School.
● “Money Matters” events for Sixth Formers at Bacon’s College, SE London & Queen Mary’s High School, Walsall
● An evening public-lecture for Bolton School, Greater Manchester
Read more about our range of tried-and-tested Religious Studies events, suitable for A Level, GCSE and for general audiences…
Read more about our range of tried-and-tested Philosophy events, suitable for AQA A Level Philosophy, IB Philosophy and/or Theory of Knowledge, PreU-Philosophy & Theology, as well as for general 14-19 audiences or for Gifted & Talented students…
Read more about our range of tried-and-tested PSHCE events, suitable for both KS4 and Sixth Form audiences and including Sex & Relationships, Finance, Ethics, Values and Leadership…
Read more about our range of tried-and-tested Gifted and Talented events, suitable for students from Year 9-13 and aimed at developing skills in Critical Thinking and Public Speaking as well as knowledge and understanding in areas not covered by the National Curriculum…
Read more about Bespoke teacher CPD options, which include subject-knowledge boosters for teachers of Religious Studies, Philosophy and PSHCE as well as exciting whole-staff INSET options…
Read more about our range of exciting evening events, suitable for students, parents, teachers and friends of the school. These events can be tailored for Governing bodies as well…
Read more about our range of 60-90 minute online student events and teacher CPD options, including masterclasses and revision sessions for GCSE Religious Studies -Christianity, Catholic Christianity, Islam and Thematic Studies options – A Level Religious Studies (Philosophy of Religion, Religious Ethics and Christianity options), AQA A Level or IB Philosophy, IB Theory of Knowledge and CIE PreU Philosophy and Theology…
To discuss your requirements, please email email@example.com or call Moira Siara on 0208 133 2241.